Wednesday, September 25, 2019

September 25 - Day 16

Today we continued our discussion on feeling worried.  Earlier this week we read the story "Wemberly Worried" by Kevin Henkes.  This was a stepping off point for talking about the impact worries have on school by making it hard to concentrate on learning.  We came up with four small things to help with worries:

1. Tell someone (list the things you're worrying about and tell someone who can help you)
2. Do something fun (distract yourself)
3. Change the words (rephrase your thinking: change my mom won't remember to pick me to my mom always makes sure I get picked up.)
4. Be healthy (healthy food, water, sleep, and exercise)

We also made trouble dolls to help us remember to share our worries with someone.





Farewell!!

Dear Students and Families, I am so sad to be writing this final blog post for the 2019/2020 school year.  I know this year of grade 1 and...