Friday, June 26, 2020

Farewell!!

Dear Students and Families,

I am so sad to be writing this final blog post for the 2019/2020 school year.  I know this year of grade 1 and grade 2 was not what any of us envisioned and to say that I've missed all of the kids these last three and half months is a huge understatement.

However, I want to say how proud I am of all of you, students and parents alike.  We have come together as a classroom community to overcome sadness and immense challenges as we transitioned from the physical classroom to a virtual world with our ongoing crisis learning. 

You've had to learn new technical skills and you've had to figure out how to keep going without your classmates and other support members from our learning community.  It has been hard.  I know that.  And I wish that it wasn't and that we could have finished the year together in person. 

I wish all of you going on to new classrooms the best of success and those of you who are staying for one more year - I'm so happy to welcome you back in September.

So, to end, I want to say a big "thank you!"  Thank you for a year of memories.  Thank you for a year of learning.  Thank you for all of the help and support you've so freely given this year.  And thank you for all the hard work and dedication that all of you have put into making this year the best that it could be.

Enjoy your summer.  Take time to relax (I might add that reading a good book can be very relaxing) and I'll see you (hopefully) in the fall!

Love,
Ms. Paradis

Farewell!!

Dear Students and Families, I am so sad to be writing this final blog post for the 2019/2020 school year.  I know this year of grade 1 and...