Tuesday, October 8, 2019

October 8 - Day 25

Another busy day!

Students worked on math centers while I worked with a small group on guided math.

Then we practiced making our way through literacy centers.  As of right now, our literacy centers include word work, reading leveled books, Raz Kids on the ipads, a listening center, and a game center.  Our center time will focus on strengthening our reading skills.

Today was our Maker Space time in the learning commons - the kids always love this time!

We did some in-class dancing for gym.

In social studies we started looking at how we each fit into the world - where we live, our community, our city, our province, and our country.  We will be working on a multi-day project in our visual journals to help show our understanding.  Stay tuned!


I also sent the permission forms for our field trip the the National Music Center next week.  I did find a couple on the stairs after school so please email me if your child's forms didn't make it home and I will send another copy.


Farewell!!

Dear Students and Families, I am so sad to be writing this final blog post for the 2019/2020 school year.  I know this year of grade 1 and...